Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Paper Tigers

I've been out of commission for a couple of weeks with the flu, but am finally in good health and back to work. My first few days back in the studio were spent completing a custom project and then I got to work on something very fun: paper tigers.

My clay artist friend, Sabra, created clay kitties and engaged some of her creative friends to dress them. They are supposed to harken back to childhood paper dolls, but the fun comes in letting our imaginations run with how we dress them.

I decided to enbrace my love of sci-fi and chose to dress one kitty as Leeloo from The Fifth Element and the other as Trinity from The Matrix. Boy did I have a ball!

The little quilted Leeloo outfit was amazingly fun to create and I think the wig of ribbon just put it over the top.

Trinity's outfit took a lot more work (and a lot more fabric!), but was just as fun to create. She comes complete with two little wire guns and her trademark dark glasses. This little kitty comes armes and ready to rescue us out of the matrix!

All the paper tigers will be on display at a gallery in the Hungerford building here in Rochester for the first Friday Gallery openings in March. I hope to get some pics of all the kitties to share at the opening. I can't wait to see what all the other creative minds have come up with!

0 Thoughts from Fans:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts!